Arsenal v Chelsea: The Gameplan - Chelsea to win it in the second half!
Following on from my match preview here , I wanted to write a quick post pinpointing the area that I believe that Chelsea can expose agai...
Following on from my match preview here, I wanted to write a quick post pinpointing the area that I believe that Chelsea can expose against Arsenal to win the game. It may not be obvious during the opening exchanges but the space between Arsenal's back four and midfield will grow as the game develops.
With the likes of Ozil, Ramsey and Walcott, Arsenal will leave Flamini and either Arteta or Rosicky exposed when they lose the ball. Chelsea need to remain compact and negate any space in front of our back four and when possible, hit Arsenal on the counter attack!
Whoever plays in the hole behind the striker, whether it's Oscar or Juan Mata, they must get on the ball and look for Eden Hazard at the earliest opportunity. If Hazard can then force the Arsenal defence backwards and someone like one of those two or even Ramires making a run can get goal side of their midfield we can really create them all sorts of problems.
The perfect game plan for Jose Mourinho would be:
- Start compact, negate any space in front of our back four
- To remain patient in the first half to concentrate on counter attack in the second.
- Play with a medium (not high pressing) block and close down space in own half.
- Allow our striker to concentrate on getting into good positions, forget defensive side.
- Allow Oscar/Mata to remain pushed up between the lines without the ball.
- With the ball, Chelsea must move the ball at a high tempo.
- Give the ball to Eden Hazard as often as possible
- To wait for space between Arsenal back four and midfield to open up second half.
- To hit Arsenal on counter attack at pace whenever possible and expose these spaces.
I cannot emphasise enough just how BIG the space will be between Arsenal's defence and midfield in the second half!
If Chelsea can get these right tonight, we could win this game by two or even three goals as I am that confident.
Come on Chelsea!
Carefree & KTBFFH!