MOURINHO: WOULD YOU TAKE HIM BACK YES OR NO?
Constant speculation about the new Chelsea Manager's job Mourinho, Pellegrini, Moyes and Klop...
- Constant speculation about the new Chelsea Manager's job
- Mourinho, Pellegrini, Moyes and Klopp have all been linked
- Frank Lampard calls for the new manager to be given "A good crack at the job"
- Questions remain if the new appointment will be given the time they need.
Ever since Rafa Benitez was appointed "Interim Manager" until the end of the season, there has been constant speculation about who will eventually take over. This of course intensified at Middlesborough as Rafa Benitez let rip at the Chelsea supporters and the Board as he also confirmed he would be leaving at the end of the season.
Now, as you know speculation has literally gone into overdrive about the new man for next season and hopefully beyond. I say hopefully beyond as we have seen what has happened to Scolari, Andre Villas-Boas and Roberto Di Matteo.
This is where Frank Lampard has also had his say. Speaking of the what will happen this summer he called for the men upstairs to make the right decision and most importantly of all, to give someone a chance to establish themselves at the club.
"Whatever the situation, it would be nice if a manager could come in and have a good crack at some consistency and stay in the job. We all understand we've had some interim managers and the fans and the club would probably be happier if we could get a manager who could stay for more than half a season, or for some period of time."(Source)
In a slight dig at the Chelsea hierarchy, Lampard has a point doesn't he. Constant chopping and changing of managers isn't good. The problem is, Bruce Buck spoke last week and defended the decisions that had been made highlighting the honours the club has won under Abramovich despite the situation with the manager as each season has gone by.
So this leads me to the whole point of this post - Jose Mourinho. As ever, everyone is entitled to THEIR OWN opinion and it seems that when it comes to "The Special One" that opinion is somewhat divided. As a result, I am trying to gauge as much opinion over the coming days on this from as many Chelsea fans all over the world as possible.
There are some important things to consider here before you answer:
- If you look at Mourinho's record, he prefers to work at a club for a maximum of three seasons.
- In saying that, the framework of the Chelsea team remained constant until AVB tried to change it last season.
- Would Jose Mourinho be willing to come back to start a fresh at the club?
- Is there a better alternative who WOULD be given the time to establish themselves at the club?
- Is the demands of success now at Chelsea become to big for anyone to really make the job a success or is the club now willing to go a season without silverware as long as the club is moving in the right direction?
Would Mourinho be happy to stay her for a while as long as he is given time? The level of expectation here is so big now that there has to be silverware or at least a top four finish every season that for someone to come in and have a "season of transition" without success would be put under intense pressure.
It's all hearsay at the moment until after the season has finished.
However, based on the above, I want to know from YOU the Chelsea fan reading this no matter where you are in the world, you answer to the following question:
Would you take Jose Mourinho back as Chelsea manager and why?
Carefree & KTBFFH!
Find your Chelsea tickets at Viagogo!